Hear what our customers have to say!
“I can navigate the newspaper much better. I also use them to see what type of screws i need for wiring electrical cables.”
74 years old
Casa Grande, AZ
“I purchased both sets of Macular Eyewear for my mother, the TV Glasses as well as the Reading System. Even though there are still things she cannot see, what she could see is done much easier and with less frustration.”
“Macular Eyewear helps me see my pill bottles every morning and I use the weaker pair to watch tv.”
83 years old
Dr. Wendy Muller
Des Moines Iowa
“In my experience, patients who suffer from macular degeneration are helped quite effectively with Macular Eyewear, especially due to their low cost and ease of use”
Steven Baugh, O.D.
Pine Bluff, AK
“For patients suffering from macular degeneration, I find Macular Eyewear to be a cost effective way to help with everyday tasks.”
If for any reason you are not completely satisfied with the results of one of our Macular Eyewear products, send it back to us within 30 days and we’ll will gladly refund your money minus shipping costs and a restocking fee. Return Policy.
How to use Macular Eyewear.
Macular Eyewear is an easier to use equivalent to many costly, and far less effective magnifying glasses, magnifiers, and other aids for macular degeneration.
How To Use Macular Eyewear for Distance Viewing
- Step 1: Put on Macular Eyewear for TV/Distance with no other glasses on your face.
- Step 2: As you look in the distance, slowly rotate the "focusing wheel" on the side of the glasses to adjust focus to its clearest image.
- Step 3: As you move to look at different objects at different distances, you may have to "re-focus" by rotating the focusing wheel.
How To Use Macular Eyewear For Reading
- Step 1: Make sure you have bright light shining on whatever you are trying to see. Because of your macular degeneration, you need much more light to see objects than other people. Without bright light you will not see well!
- Step 2: Always choose the weakest strength of reading glasses to achieve the most comfortable clearest image.
i.e. If you are looking at a letter, first try the weak strength macular eyewear, with proper bright light over your shoulder, slowly bring the letter towards your eyes until clearest image is seen. If not adequate, change to the medium strength pair, then maximum strenth if needed.
Important! As you increase in strength, you will have to hold objects closer to your eyes.
Soon, with repition of your daily activies, you will know what strength works best for you for each task. I.e. weak pair is great for computer and maximum strength is great for prescription bottles. Depending on how severe your macular degeneration is, if you have a mild vision loss, the weak pair may work well for most tasks and only use the medium or maximum strength for finer detail work.